Animal lovers, get ready for your best birthday yet. Now you can host your birthday party at Animal Humane Society!
Birthday parties at AHS last 90 minutes and can involve a variety of activities depending on timing and the age and size of your group.
The first 45 minutes are led by an AHS staff member and may include an adoption floor tour, games, and a meet and greet with an adoptable animal. The last 45 minutes are yours to celebrate, open gifts, and eat cupcakes (if you choose to bring them) in our education room. Plus, each guest receives an AHS goody bag to take home!
Celebrate your party animal
Availability: Saturdays and Sundays beginning Saturday, September 16.
Location: AHS Golden Valley shelter
Duration: 90 minutes
See below for what's included in your fee and the birthday party rules your group must abide by.
What’s included in an AHS party?
When you book your birthday party with AHS, we'll provide:
- Use of our education room, tables, table coverings, and chairs
- Space for a maximum of 10 children (ages 6 and up) plus four adults
- If your party is for an adult, the party size is limited to 10 adults altogether
- Simple animal-themed decorations
- Invitations you can print or email to your party guests
- Set-up and clean-up of tables, chairs, and anything set up before you arrive
- Guests are responsible for all food and gift clean-up
- 45 minutes of AHS staff-led activities, and 45 minutes of room-rental for treats and gifts if you choose to bring them
- Guests must be out of the space at the end of the 90 minute rental period
Are birthday parties just for kids?
Do you ever stop having birthdays? Of course not! Adults are welcome to host their birthday parties at AHS, too!
While we cannot allow grown-up beverages, we can accommodate a more mature crowd by tweaking some of our party activities. Please reach out with questions via our contact form.
What else do I need to know before booking a party?
Because we are an animal shelter, we must always take the health and safety of our animal friends into consideration, as well as the experience of our adopters. For this reason, we require our party guests to adhere to the policies below to keep things fun and safe for everyone! If you have any questions about these policies or anything party related, please inquire via our contact form.
- We invite guests to bring cupcakes, beverages, and gifts to celebrate during the last 45 minutes of your party. We do not allow guests to bring other food or decorations, and we do not have refrigeration.
- Birthday parties take place within the education room, and guests must stay in our party area even during the last half of the party. Our adoption centers are often active during party times, so unless an adoption floor tour is scheduled as part of the party, the entire experience will take place off the adoption floor. We invite and welcome guests to come back to AHS to visit with adoptable animals at a different time.
- To make the experience a positive and safe one for everyone, we put the responsibility of choosing an animal for visitations on AHS staff members alone. While they will likely ask for input concerning the birthday celebrant’s preferred species of animal, we do not allow guests to choose the animals that visit.
- If at any time, we feel that an animal is uncomfortable or unsafe during an animal visit, our education staff will remove that animal from the room. If there is time to introduce another animal and there is an appropriate choice available, we will certainly try to accommodate, but animal visits are not guaranteed.
- AHS staff reserve the right to end a party early if guests’ behavior is inappropriate, not following our guidelines, or endangers the well-being of an animal, and no refunds will be issued in such circumstances. By booking a birthday party at AHS, we are expecting that you have read and agreed to our policies.
- Birthday parties will begin on time and end on time.
- Firearms, weapons, or violence of any kind are strictly prohibited. If any weapons or violence is observed, your reservation will be ended immediately, and no refund will be issued.
Birthday parties at AHS are designed to help you celebrate your party animal while sharing our unique space with future and current animal lovers alike. If your celebrant wants to request treats, supplies, or donations to AHS in lieu of birthday presents, the animals in our care would be ever so grateful.
Amp up the party atmosphere with even more animal themed party materials. Check out our birthday party resources for designs you can download and print on your own, including invitations, thank yous, and cupcake toppers.
All other supplies, including plates, cups, utensils, and napkins must be supplied by the party host.
We also ask that you refrain from bringing additional party decorations (like wall decor, streamers, etc.) in order to minimize cleanup or damage to our education room.